The struggle to get a prisoner free can be reinvigorated by a new song and video, where many famous Swedish artists comers. The song is called Birdsong and behind the project is actor Rafael Edholm. Tonight, the song will be presented in a first listening:
– Bird song , so it is a song that was written by Daniel Boyacioglu and Moh Denebi have put text on it. And it is presented by the likes Ane Brun, Sebbe Staxx , Edda Magnason and Cleo , says Rafael Edholm.
– This is based on an idea I ’ve had since a while back, when I started to feel that I must do something with them and forces them contacts I have.
– Dawit Isaak is a family member, you could say.
And when the family met , the idea was born that something must be done to make life in the struggle for Dawit Isaak’s release again . With that , Rafael Edholm really succeed.
The project and the upcoming video involved lots of famous artists , politicians and journalists.
– And the quiet diplomacy in all its glory , which I think is very, very and has worked many times – it no longer works. So I thought I wanted to give a voice , get started a little attention to the case of Dawit Isaak.
Attention would also un Rapporteur on the human rights they clean the Horn of Africa and Eritrea Sheila Keetharuth . On Tuesday, she demanded again that Eritrea must release the thousands of prisoners held without charge and incommunicado . Keetharuth think there are about 10 000 political prisoners in Eritrea , among them so far as known, 28 journalists. Nine journalists and as many politicians have already died since they were imprisoned nearly 13 years ago.
The pressure against Eritrea must increase , also says Rafael Edholm:
– And I ’d like to ask just what had happened, how hard the pressure has been on Dawit had instead been called Dawit Pettersson, he stops.